Also look out for first day issue envelopes and stamps dating back to the proclamation of the republic.
What does FDI stand for?
FDI stands for First Day Issue (philately)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of FDI
We have 147 other meanings of FDI in our Acronym Attic
- Fédération Dentaire Internationale (World Dental Federation)
- Feeder Distribution Interface
- Fertilizer Distribution Improvement
- Fiber Distribution Interface
- Fiduciaire de Distribution Internationale (French: International Distribution Trust)
- Financial Destination, Inc. (Windham, NH)
- Financial Development Institution
- Financing Data Initiative (Canada)
- Fire Danger Index
- First Data International (various locations)
- First Dorsal Interosseous
- Flash Data Integrator (software read-while-write data manager for flash memory from Intel)
- Flight Director Indicator
- Flight Display Integration
- Fluor Daniel, Inc.
- Following Distance Indication
- Fonds Départemental d'Insertion (French: Departmental Integration Fund)
- Fondurile Deschise de Investitii (Romanian: Investment Trust)
- Food Distributors International
- Foreign Direct Investment (political science/economics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In five short months with inductions into AIMD remaining constant and an increased OPTEMPO and at no cost: * Average daily expeditious repairs (EXREPs) have decreased over 83 percent * Average multiple EXREPS down more than 93 percent * Monthly due-in from maintenance down more than 34 percent * Overaged awaiting parts down 65 percent * First day issue effectiveness up more than 25 percent * Local ACWT down 95 percent * Numerous personal awards presented within AIMD/ASD Interested?
It's only fitting that the first day issue of the First Flight Centennial Stamp should take place at Wright Brothers National Memorial, the site of the first flight; and in Dayton, Ohio, the home of the Wright Brothers," said Ken Mann, President, First Flight Society and Chairman, North Carolina First Flight Centennial Commission.
In NY012, "Jumbo-Sized Cancellation Will Mark First Day Issue of Postal Service's Commemorative Stamp Series Celebrating 200 Years of Circus in America," moved earlier today, we are informed by a representative of the company that an additional contact, Monica Hand of the U.
A temporary postal station will be on site from 10 AM to 2 PM offering for purchase a First Day Issue souvenir envelope and Greetings From Pennsylvania stamp pin while supplies last.