Based on its current deployment schedule, PG&E has indicated it has sufficient quantities of electric product under firm order commitments to deploy hardware through March 2008, at which time it will have approximately 50 substations and approximately 400,000 TWACS(R) enabled modules deployed.
What does FOC stand for?
FOC stands for Firm Order Commitment
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of FOC
We have 206 other meanings of FOC in our Acronym Attic
- Fiber Optical Characterization
- Field Operations Center
- Field Oriented Control
- Fight of Characters (Warcraft III; computer game)
- Fill or Cancel
- Fin Opener Crank (missile assembly tool)
- Final Operational Capability
- Finance and Operations Committee (various organizations)
- Financial Operations Center
- Firing Officer Console
- Firm Order Confirmation
- First Class CW Operator's Club (UK)
- First Of Class
- First Office Call (medical appointment)
- First Options of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- First Order Condition (mathematics)
- Fiscal Oversight Committee (various organizations)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Fixed Order Cycle (finance)
- Flag of Convenience
Samples in periodicals archive:
Program tools include XML APIs that facilitate bulk line pre-qualification on the Pathways Partner web site; online planning software to deliver accurate firm order commitment dates for broadband service installation; and dedicated Major Account Coordinators to ensure smooth provisioning.
In their recent announcement, Allegiance Telecom anticipated reducing the typical interval for receiving firm order commitments from 24 hours to 5 hours, with almost instantaneous confirmation in many instances.
Williams Communications provides unprecedented service velocity by delivering on 97 percent of its firm order commitments and meeting customer requested due dates 91 percent of the time.
Network Telephone is the first to use TAG, an electronic, automated interface to BellSouth for submitting local service requests (LSRs) and receiving firm order commitments (FOCs).
Bell Atlantic's firm order commitment is supposed to provide AT&T with a date on which the cut over is promised, so AT&T can perform its part of the cut over and inform the customer when to expect AT&T service.
A number of smaller chains have also made firm order commitments, including Pathmark, Shoprite, RX Place, Austin Drugs and Genovese in the New York metropolitan area.