The second reason for doing the excavations was that preliminary inspections revealed cobbles and fire-cracked rock in five "thermal features," or ancient hearths.
What does FCR stand for?
FCR stands for Fire-Cracked Rock
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of FCR
We have 198 other meanings of FCR in our Acronym Attic
- Financial Condition Report (various locations)
- Fine Crushed Rock
- Finite Chain Ring
- Fire Claim Record (insurance)
- Fire Claim Reorganization (insurance)
- Fire Claim Report (insurance)
- Fire Claim Representative (insurance)
- Fire Control Radar
- Fire Control Room
- Fire Controlman, Range-Finder Operator (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: ANI Washington, Dec 29 (ANI): When wooly mammoths were becoming extinct, some 10,000 years ago, early man had to start cooking vegetables on fire-cracked rock piles.
The tight association between fire-cracked rocks and the 112 earth-ovens suggest that food was cooked with heated rocks.
Several `blank' lithic tools and sediment samples, along with sediment and fire-cracked rock (FCR) samples from an experimental hearth used to cook a rabbit, were also submitted for analysis.