Current programs have maneuver captains acting as fire team leaders or squad leaders.
What does FTL stand for?
FTL stands for Fire Team Leader
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of FTL
We have 77 other meanings of FTL in our Acronym Attic
- Far Too Loud
- Faster Than Light
- Faster Than Light (Xenosaga game)
- Federal Tax Lien
- Feel the Love
- Fellowship Tract League (religion)
- Ferritin Light Chain
- Field Team Leader
- Financial Transaction Ledger
- Financial Transactions for Lawyers
- Flash Translation Layer (media format for linear flash memory)
- Flight Telecommunications Laboratory
- Flight Time Limit
- Flip Top Lighter
- Fluid Transfer Line (oil and gas industry)
- Fluorescent Tube Light
- Flying Tiger Line (airline; 1945-1989)
- Follow The Leader (Korn album)
- Foncia Transaction Location (French real estate company)
- For the Ladies
Samples in periodicals archive:
During his seven-month tour, he served as a fire team leader and spent much of his time in the turret of a Humvee, where he and his colleagues were often exposed to roadside bombs known as improvised explosive devices, or IEDs.
Fire team leader Lan Sengqiu, said: "The mouse barely had a scratch on him.
Pritchard spent two back-to-back combat tours serving as a rifleman, radio operator, fire team leader, squad leader, and platoon sergeant in Vietnam.
At the evening briefing for fire team leaders, fire commander Bob Anderson noted that the fire has demonstrated a propensity to run and jump over long distances.
A decorated Vietnam veteran, Cotsakos served as a fire team leader with the 2/501 101st Airborne infantry.
``This brings home to a young Marine that when the fire team leader falls, someone else has to take over.
These devices are currently used by dismounted Marine infantry company, platoon commanders, squad and fire team leaders for situational awareness, command and control, navigation, basic mission planning and electronic messaging.