New systems such as the lightweight laser designator rangefinder (LLDR) and the fire support sensor system (FS3) have enhanced the COLTs' target acquisition capabilities.
What does FS3 stand for?
FS3 stands for Fire Support Sensor System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FS3
- For Sale or For Trade
- Fixed Site/False Target Antenna
- Frequency Select 0
- Fluorescent Myosin Subfragment 1
- Flight Simulator 2002 (game)
- Flight Simulator 2004 (game)
- Forecast System 21st Century
- Flight Simulator 2002 (computer game)
- Flight Simulator 2004 (computer game)
- Financial Services Solutions Symposium (IBM Industry Models)
- Fondation Sport, Science et Santé
- Farm Safety 4 Just Kids
- Flight Simulator 9 (Microsoft)
- Fabless Semiconductor Association (now Global Semiconductor Alliance)
- Fabric Salesmen's Association (New York, NY)
- Fabricom Système d'Assemblage (French: Fabricom Assembly System)
- Facilities Radiological Safety and Safeguards Branch (US FEMA)
- Facility Security Assessment
- Faculté des Sciences Agronomiques (French: Faculty of Agricultural Sciences; Bénin)
- Faculté des Sciences Appliquées (Belgium, engineering schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sensor systems in the field today that can provide accurate target location to 10 meters or less are the second generation forward-looking infrared radar (FLIR) and fire support sensor system ([FS.
The LRAS3 program also produces a specialized system variant known as the Fire Support Sensor System (FS3) featuring a modular laser designator that is integrated on the LRAS3.
The Profiler meteorological system and the M707 Knight with its fire support sensor system (F[S.
One hundred twenty-nine Abrams M1A2s, 90 Abrams M1A1s, 131 Bradley M2A3s, 125 Egyptian M1A1s and 247 Long Range Advanced Scout Surveillance Systems/ Fire Support Sensor Systems will get Raytheon's advanced second generation FLIR as part of a fleet-wide horizontal technology insertion program.
The system being developed for this tier is the fire support sensor system (F[S.
Field Artillery systems to modernize the force that are being fielded or soon will be fielded include Paladin upgrades, the M777 lightweight 155-mm cannon (LW 155), M270Al, HIMARS, hand-held-digital devices, AFATDS, the lightweight laser designator rangefinder (LLDR), fire support sensor system (F[S.