The Marine Direct Air Support Center is responsible for coordinating direct air support missions along with the Fire Support Coordination Center.
What does FSCC stand for?
FSCC stands for Fire Support Coordination Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FSCC
We have 115 other meanings of FSCC in our Acronym Attic
- Faculty Senate Curriculum Committee (various schools)
- Fairthorpe Sports Car Club (UK)
- Faulkner State Community College (Bay Minette, Alabama)
- Federal Supply Classification Code
- Federation of Southern Calvert Communities (Maryland)
- Fédération Suisse de Camping et de Caravanning (French: Swiss Federation of Camping and Caravanning)
- File System Control Codes
- Financial Service Centers Cooperative, Inc.
- Financial Solutions Consumer Center (Oceanside, CA)
- Fire Services Communications Controller (Victoria Fire Services, Australia)
- Fire Support Coordination Centre (Canada, Australia)
- Football en Salle Cotton Club (Belgian football club)
- Fort Scott Community College (Kansas, USA)
- Fort Smith Convention Center (Fort Smith, AR)
- Four Seasons Controlled Climates Ltd. (Canada)
- Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
- Far South Coast Community College (Australia)
- Financial Services Coordination and Communication Center (Securities Industry Association; Alexandria, VA)
- Follicular Small Cleaved-Cell Lymphoma
- Fédération Suisse des Conducteurs de Chiens de Police (French: Swiss Federation of Police Dog Drivers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In deference to the weakness of the Vietnamese Artillery (six 105-mm howitzers and six 155-mm howitzers), the agreement specifically provided that 4th Infantry Division Artillery units would assume artillery coverage of National Highway 14, the major north-south artery in the highlands, and that the Commanding General, IFF Artillery, would provide general support Artillery as required; support operations within the 24th STZ with a minimum of two light or medium Artillery batteries; and maintain the fire support coordination center to coordinate all fire support means available, including operation of air advisory stations.
Surprisingly, very few formal fire support coordination centers (FSCCs) or FSCM were used in World War II.
The fire support coordination center (FSCC) in the maneuver battalion forwards the ASRs digitally to the regimental FSCC for review and deconfiction with its ASL.
Once the lightweight 155-mm (LW 155) with towed artillery digitization (TAD) is fielded, the battalion survey officer will move to the maneuver regiment fire support coordination center (FSCC) as the TIO/FTSO.