The Father of the Web was named as the first winner of the Millennium Technology Prize by the Finnish Technology Award Foundation.
What does FTAF stand for?
FTAF stands for Finnish Technology Award Foundation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FTAF
We have 2 other meanings of FTAF in our Acronym Attic
- Flight Training Adventure Camps (Reality Flight School)
- Foreign Trade Arbitration Commission (now China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission)
- Freight Transportation Advisory Committee (Miami-Dade County, Florida)
- Fuel Tank Access Cover (product)
- Faculty and TA Development (Ohio State University)
- Formation Tutorée à Distance (French distance education company)
- French Tactical Division (gaming clan)
- Flight Training and Aviation Education
- Federazione Ticinese delle Associazioni di Fiduciari (French: Ticino Federation of Associations of Trustees; Ticino, Switzerland)
- Fibroblast-Derived Thymocyte-Activating Factor
- Forget The Air Force (polite form)
- Forward to A Friend (email marketing)
- Fouta Trekking Aventure France
- Federal Transportation Advisory Group
- Fleet Tactical Advisory Group
- Flugtechnische Arbeitsgemeinschaft (German: Technical Flight Working Group)
- Fresno Technology Affinity Group (Fresno, CA)
- Free to A Good Home
- Ft. Thomas Animal Hospital (Ft. Thomas, KY)
- Family Therapy Association of Ireland
Samples in periodicals archive:
HELSINKI, Finland, April 15 /PRNewswire/ -- - World Wide Web Inventor Receives One Million Euros Prize from Finnish Technology Award Foundation World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee today was named recipient of the first-ever Millennium Technology Prize.
The honor is bestowed by the Finnish Technology Award Foundation as an international acknowledgement for "an outstanding innovation that directly promotes people's quality of life, is based on humane values, and encourages sustainable economic development.
Washington, October 27 /PRNewswire/ -- - Call for research that advances society and improves quality of life The Finnish Technology Award Foundation has called for entries in its Millennium Technology Prize competition, the first international acknowledgement of outstanding technological achievements aimed at promoting sustainable development of society and quality of life.