Environmental organisations such as the Finnish Association for Nature Conservation have criticised the government for not imposing tighter fishing restrictions in April-June in areas where seals live.
What does FANC stand for?
FANC stands for Finnish Association for Nature Conservation (Finland)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FANC
We have 8 other meanings of FANC in our Acronym Attic
- frequently and never asked questions
- Friction and Adhesion in Nanomechanical Systems
- Fédération Acadienne du Nouveau Brunswick (Canada)
- Fuerza Armada Nacional Bolivariana (Spanish: Bolivarian National Armed Forces; Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela)
- For, And, Nor, But, Or, Yet (mnemonic for conjunctions)
- For, And, Nor, But, Or, Yet, So (grammar mnemonic for the coordinating conjunctions)
- Fanconi Anemia, Complementation Group
- Federaal Agentschap voor Nucleaire Controle (Belgium)
- Federal Agency for Nuclear Control (Belgium)
- Finance Authority for Nonprofit Corporations (Association of Bay Area Governments; California)
- Foreign Anti-Narcotics Community (international law enforcement group)
- Fanconi anemia, complementation group A
- Fanatique Club Alpine Renault (French automobile club)
- Fanconi Anemia, Complementation Group C
- Fanconi Anemia, Complementation Group G
- Failure Analysis Network of Companies and Institutes
- Forces Armées Nationales de Côte d'Ivoire
- First Accumulated Net Cash Position (taxes)
- First American Nationwide Documents (Denver, CO)
- Foreign Affairs and National Defense
Samples in periodicals archive:
Meanwhile, the Finnish Association for Nature Conservation has offered fishermen the possibility to swap nets for fish traps, which are safer for the seals.