The PCAOB also adopted an amendment to Rule 3523, Tax Services for Persons in Financial Reporting Oversight Roles, to remove verbiage that stipulated that firms providing tax services during the portion of the audit before the professional engagement period are not independent of the audit client.
What does FROR stand for?
FROR stands for Financial Reporting Oversight Role
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FROR
- [not an acronym] Free account Newbie (new person using a free/trial version of an online game)
- Fort Riley Officers Open Mess
- Fort Rucker Officer's Open Mess
- Flow Restrictor/Oil Pollution (water control device)
- For Richer or Poorer
- Free Report Online Profits (business system)
- Funeral Rule Offenders Program (US FTC)
- Frontal Passage (meteorological)
- Flow-Restricted, Oxygen-Powered Ventilation Device (medical)
- For Rapid Oracle Querying (Macintosh Operating System X application)
- First Right of Refusal
- Front Range Off-Road (vehicles)
- Front Range Off Road Fabrication (Red Feather, CO)
- Ferret Rescue of Spokane (Spokane, WA)
- For Refreshment Only Sunday (blog)
- Forward Rate of Spread
- Front Royal Oratorio Society (Front Royal, VA)
- Frontal Surface
- Freshman (College)
- Fire, Radiation, and Operational Safety Improvements
Samples in periodicals archive:
to describe in writing to the audit committee all relationships between the firm or any of its affiliates and the issuer or persons in a financial reporting oversight role at the issuer that may reasonably be thought to bear on the firm's independence.
TWO NEW RESTRICTIONS ON TAX SERVICES Although most tax services continue to be allowable following the general precedent of the SEC rules, rules 3522 and 3523 significantly restrict specific types of tax services--those involving confidential or aggressive tax transactions, and personal services provided to a person in a financial reporting oversight role at the audit client.