It is incomprehensible to me that Conrad and Becker (2011) assert that a financial conflict of interests should not be a criterion in determining the financial independence of researchers (and therefore the reliability of results).
What does FCOI stand for?
FCOI stands for Financial Conflict of Interest
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of FCOI in our Acronym Attic
- Fellow of the College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (South Africa)
- Fire Control Officers Group (Australia)
- Formant Centre of Gravity
- Fotbal Club Otelul Galati (Romanian football club)
- Fussball Club Oetwil-Geroldswil (Swiss sports club)
- Gamboma (airport code; Congo)
- Fellowship Church of Houston (Houston, TX)
- Flight Control Operations Handbook (US NASA)
- Floodway Coalition of Houston (Houston, TX)
- First Coast Overhead Door Company
- Florida Concentrated Orange Juice
- Frozen Concentrate Orange Juice (usually 65 percent sugar solids)
- Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice for Manufacturing
- Fishing Club of Kawau (New Zealand)
- Kelle (airport code; Congo)
- Flip Chip on Leadframe (assembly technology; trademark of Carsem)
- Football Club Olimpija Ljubljana
- Football Club Oô Larboust (French football club)
- For Crying Out Loud
- Loukolela (airport code; Congo)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our financial conflict of interest rules must keep up with the times if we are to maintain our leadership role in the global scientific community.
The proposed guidelines also include several loopholes, such as provisions allowing the FDA commissioner to grant waivers and permitting an adviser with a significant financial conflict of interest to serve on a committee without a vote--which does not prevent the adviser from influencing the outcome.
If an attorney in a case discovers a financial conflict of interest in an opposing lawyer, he can bring it to the attention of the court.
That brings us to these two questions: 1) Does your medical school academic medical center, or research institution have a financial conflict of interest looming in the background of its clinical trials activities?
Richard Perle, a leading neoconservative and an influential architect of President Bush's Iraq and Middle East policy, has resigned as chairman of the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board (DPB) over charges of financial conflict of interest.
RICK WEISS Staff Writer, The Washington Post While the issue of financial conflict of interest is an important one, it is equally important to be factually correct in suggesting that such a conflict exists.
that HHS develop specific guidance or regulations to address institutional financial conflict of interest.