The Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996 included, among other things, the establishment of the Financial Asset Securitization Investment Trust (FASIT), a new means of securitizing assets that is similar in intent but goes beyond the Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduit (REMIC) tool currently used by the real estate industry to tap Wall Street investment capital.
What does FASIT stand for?
FASIT stands for Financial Asset Securitization Investment Trust
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises (aka Fund for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises; Russia)
- Fund for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises (aka Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises; Russia)
- Forensic Accounting Special Interest Group (Australia)
- Federation of Associations of Small Industries (India)
- Fire Ant Spatial Information Management System
- Frontal Air-Sea Interaction Experiment
- Federation of American Scientists Intelligence Resource Program (Washington, DC)
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Information Service
- Food Authenticity and Safety International Symposium (France)
- Fused All-Source Intelligence Support Cell
- Facilité Africaine de Soutien Juridique (French: African Legal Support Facility)
- Fencing Academy of South Jersey
- Saffier (airport code; South Africa)
- Frequently Asked Sissy Kiss Questions
- Fas Ligand
- Feet Above Sea Level
- Fellow, Academic Society of London
- Ferranti Air Systems Ltd. (UK)
- Fondation pour l'Animation Socioculturelle Lausannoise (French: Foundation for Socio-Cultural Animation Lausanne; Switzerland)
- Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics (Conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Financial Asset Securitization Investment Trust, or FASIT, law -- effective Jan.
For federal income tax purposes, an election will be made to treat a portion of the trust fund as a financial asset securitization investment trust (FASIT).
The transaction is structured as a financial asset securitization investment trust (FASIT) which allows collateral to be substituted or added to the pool in March and September, subject to certain conditions including rating agency affirmation.