30pm - there were hordes of people travelling to Cardiff for the football, with many joining the train at Filton Abbey Wood which is a convenient change from trains coming from the Midlands and the North.
What does FAW stand for?
FAW stands for Filton Abbey Wood (railway station; UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FAW
We have 41 other meanings of FAW in our Acronym Attic
- Fighter Attack Visual System
- Film and Video Studies (educational program)
- First American Vision Services (now EyeBenefits; Scottsdale, AZ)
- Foritas Assured Voice System (New York)
- Footscray Audio Visual Social Club (Victoria, Australia)
- Financial Aid and Veterans Services Office (University of North Carolina Wilmington)
- Federaal Agentschap Voor VoedselVeiligheid (Dutch: Federal Food Safety Agency)
- Fédération des Archéologues de Wallonie (French: Federation of Archaeologists in Wallonia; Belgium)
- Fencing Academy of Westchester (Hawthorne, NY)
- Fiber Areal Weight (composite materials)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new franchise will provide a link at least every hour between Cardiff, Newport and Filton Abbey Wood, a station near the headquarters of the Defence Procurement Agency, which employs more than 4,000 people.
The improvements to Filton Junction, north of Bristol, announced by the Strategic Rail Authority, involve doubling of a single track section used by trains between Bristol Temple Meads and South Wales and creating an extra platform at Filton Abbey Wood station.