The filtered sea water then passes through a UV chamber (Second stage) where ultra-violet light is used to disinfect the water prior to entering the ballast tank.
What does FSW stand for?
FSW stands for Filtered Sea Water
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FSW
We have 56 other meanings of FSW in our Acronym Attic
- Fantasy Sports Wire
- Faso Airways - Burkina Faso (ICAO code)
- Fat Spanish Waiter
- Federal Screw Works (St. Clair Shores, MI automotive fastener supplier)
- Federal Skilled Worker (various locations)
- Federated Social Web (social networking)
- Feet of Seawater (diving)
- Female Sex Worker
- Female Socket Weld
- File Share Witness
- Fire Team Support Weapon
- Fletcher Sutcliffe Wild Ltd. (UK)
- Flight Sim World (gaming)
- Flight Software
- Flute Society of Washington (Manassas, VA)
- Fonds Soziales Wien (German: Vienna Social Fund; Vienna, Austria)
- Food Service Warehouse
- Food Service Worker
- Foothill Symphonic Winds (Palo Alto, CA)
- Forward Swept Wing (aviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
amp;#8220;The oil is cultured in enclosed tanks using filtered air, filtered sea water and oxygen fermentation," explained Doughman.
These '30s baths have been turned into a spa with natural mineral springs and filtered sea water pool.
Upon uptake the sea water is first passed through a back washing filter (1st Stage) and then the filtered sea water passes through a static mixer, where the disinfectant generated from the side stream electrolysis unit (2nd stage) is injected to ensure a maximum level of 10ppm in the treated ballast water.