What's more, the company has recently signed a patent licensing agreement with BMW, under which Microsoft will offer the latest Extended File Allocation Table to BMW.
What does FAT stand for?
FAT stands for File Allocation Table
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of FAT
We have 154 other meanings of FAT in our Acronym Attic
- Fashion Architecture Taste (architecture/interior design firm; London, UK)
- Fashion Art Toronto (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Fatty Acid Transferase
- Federate Acceptance Test
- Fédération Autonome des Transports (French: Autonomous Federation of Transport)
- Fédération d'Aïkido Traditionnel (French: Federation of Traditional Aikido; martial arts)
- Festival d'Automne de Toulouse (French: Toulouse Autumn Festival)
- Field Acceptance Test
- File Access Table (common but incorrect)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The contract has been signed to offer the automaker broad access to the latest Extended File Allocation Table.
As per the reports, Microsoft and Research In Motion (RIM) have signed a patent licensing agreement that gives RIM broad access to the latest Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT) for certain BlackBerry devices of RIM.
The structure of the disk tracking system is contained in the File Allocation Table which keeps data sectors allocated in groups called clusters.
There's a master directory in the computer called the File Allocation Table.
Most older computers running DOS or Windows organize their hard disks with a 16-bit File Allocation Table or FAT.
When a user issues one of these commands, the computer finds the file in the file allocation table (FAT) and removes the first character of the file name.
In a move designed to eliminate potential data loss in file system applications, Micrium, a leading provider of high quality embedded software components, today announced the addition of a critical journaling feature to the file allocation table (FAT) version of its uC/FS File System software.