We analyzed plumage color by comparing museum and field specimens with those of the diagnostic characters for each taxon in question.
What does FS stand for?
FS stands for Field Specimen
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FS
We have 133 other meanings of FS in our Acronym Attic
- Federal-Signal (warning light manufacturer)
- Federation Starship (Star Wars)
- Fee Simple
- Felix Schlag (designer of the Jefferson nickel; initials on obverse)
- Fender Stratocaster (guitar)
- Ferrovie dello Stato
- Feudal System
- Field Separator
- Field Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
Crypticerya genistae field specimens superficially resembles I.
We tallied all grinding stone artefacts listed in each layer as 'lots', based on field specimen numbers assigned at the time of excavation.