Field areas have been defined as the operational areas near international borders, where the armed forces are likely to see action.
What does AFIELD stand for?
AFIELD stands for Field Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Agri-Food Industry Development Fund (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- American Friends of the Israel Democracy Institute
- Airport Flight Information Display System (Nottingham, UK)
- Armed Forces Infectious Diseases Society
- Association Française des Infirmières de Dialyse et Transplantation en Néphrologie
- Aft Flow Ionization Experiment
- Arc Flash Incident Energy
- Armed Forces Information & Education
- Asociación de Funcionarios Internacionales Españoles (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Engineering Associate Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Air Force Institute for Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health Risk Analysis
- American Friends of the Institute of Ethiopian Studies (Washington, DC)
- Agriculture and Food Import Export
- Agencja Filmu i Fotografii (Polish: Film and Photography Agency)
- Air Force Industrial Fund
- Association Francaise d'Information Funeraire
- Australian Federation of International Forwarders (est. 1996; Eastgardens, New South Wales, Australia)
- Canada-Saskatchewan Agri-Food Innovation Fund (est. 1995; Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Associazione Familiari Insonnia Familiare Fatale (Italian: Fatal Familial Insomnia Families Association)
- Air Force Information For Industry Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
The acquisition increases Reckson's Long Island portfolio to approximately five million square feet and increases the company's portfolio in the Mitchel Field area, which is part of the Central Nassau County submarket, to approximately 2.
By this time, the student was climbing out of the field area on a heading which would take him over the Atlantic Ocean and directly into the aerial gunnery range where other planes were preparing to commence firing runs.
Excavations of preceramic Colha so far have focused on quarry and field areas, Shafer notes.
Instead of running disparate and discrete networks for each type of equipment across their grids, utilities are increasingly turning to private field area networks (FANs) to deliver advanced applications across common platforms.
Three additional development locations have been identified which may be drilled in the field area in the next year, along with further development drilling on HarCor's other South Texas properties.
The systems used to connect the various devices within a utility's "field" of operations, which can include smart meters, concentrators, distribution assets, control and protection equipment, and substation equipment, are known as field area networks (FANs).
Recent rain showers have delayed the installation of artificial turf at Cougar Stadium at College of the Canyons because the field area must be completely dry for the project to begin.