Danazol, a derivative of the synthetic steroid ethisterone, was approved by the FDA in the 1970s for endometriosis and, more recently, for other chronic indications, including hereditary angioedema, ITP and fibrocystic disease of the breast.
What does FDB stand for?
FDB stands for Fibrocystic Disease of the Breast
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FDB
We have 67 other meanings of FDB in our Acronym Attic
- Faculteit Der Algemene Wetenschappen (Dutch: Faculty of General Sciences)
- Free Desktop Accessibility Working Group
- Food, Drinks and Allied Workers' Union (Singapore)
- Fællesforeningen for Danmarks Brugsforeninger (Danish Co-operative Wholesale Society)
- Fahrenheit Dry Bulb
- Failure Distance Biasing
- Fast Doppler Block
- Fat Dry Basis (cheese)
- Feature Data Block
- Fermetures de Bâtiment (French: Building Closures)
- Field Data Book
- Film Deposit Box
- Final Denial Barrier (US Air Force)
- First Data Bank
- Flexor Digitorum Brevis
- Flight Data Block
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing (hard disk technology)
- Fonds de Dotation pour la Biodiversité (French: Endowment Fund for Biodiversity)
- Font Definition Block (Macromedia Flash SWF file)
- Force Development Branch
Samples in periodicals archive:
Women can be assured that fibrocystic disease of the breast is a purely benign condition and there is no risk of developing malignancy.
Indicators of higher risk are: advanced age, breast cancer in mother, sister, or daughter, early onset of first period (under age 12), menopause after the age of 50, late first pregnancy or not having children, being white, a history of cancer of the uterus or in the other breast, fibrocystic disease of the breast, or having an abnormality in certain genes.