More efficient tape backup/restore environments are one of the driving forces behind so many companies migrating to Fibre Channel SAN implementations.
What does FCSMA stand for?
FCSMA stands for Fibre Channel SAN (Storage Area Network) Management and Administration (course)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
- Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology
- Fellow of the Cambridge Society of Musicians
- Fiber Channel Switching Module (Cisco)
- Fleet Cryptologic Systems Maintenance (US Navy)
- Flight Combustion Stability Monitor (US NASA)
- Football Club Sarlat Marcillac (French football club)
- Football Club Sèvre et Maine (French football club)
- Football Club Sochaux Montbéliard
- Football Club Spartak Moscow (Russia)
- Frame Cell Switching Module (XYLAN)
- Four County Society of Model Engineers (Maryland)
- Frederick County Society of Model Engineers (Maryland)
- Football Club de Saint Médard en Jalles (French football club)
- Fédération de Chasse Sous-Marine Passion (French: Federation of Underwater Hunting Passion)
- Fargo Catholic Schools Network
- Federation for Children with Special Needs
- Firefighter Cancer Support Network
- Football Club Saint-Nazairois (French football club)
- Football Club Serquigny Nassandres (French football club)
- Freiburger Cardiac Survival Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
The AMS1000 also offers 4 Gigabit per Second Fibre Channel SAN Connectivity, enhancing the performance of applications such as video-on-demand and medical imaging.
Reducing SAN Costs and Complexity with iSCSI and Serial Attached SCSI Developing or hiring the people to manage a Fibre Channel SAN is still a significant concern.
4 GB Storage Networking 4 Gb/s Fibre Channel SAN implementers initially expect to see host bus adapters and cabling for their servers, followed by SAN switching connecting to Fibre Channel storage arrays.
When asked to speculate as to what type of storage their server farm will be attached to at the end of 2006, 68% cite Fibre Channel SAN, 14% NAS, 12% Direct Attached, and 6% IP SAN.
Consequently, Fibre Channel SAN solutions have been impossible to justify.
Nasdaq:NTAP) today announced that Byram Healthcare has deployed a NetApp(R) Fibre Channel SAN solution to help address regulatory compliance concerns associated with the United States Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the April 2005 compliance deadline for medical records security.
This points to the fact that established storage vendors don't want to talk about the huge dissatisfaction with monolithic, expensive, difficult-to-manage Fibre Channel SAN systems.