Fibre Channel is a carefully considered specification with both protocol and addressing flexibility, with Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) being the first 8-bit increment in Fibre Channel addressing.
What does FCAL stand for?
FCAL stands for Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of FCAL
We have 2 other meanings of FCAL in our Acronym Attic
- Fort Collins Adult Hockey Association (Colorado)
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Fox Chapel Area High School (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Florida Coalition Against Human Trafficking
- Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (Australia)
- Financial Competence Assessment Inventory
- Finishing Contractors Association of Illinois (est. 2002)
- Fujitsu Components America, Inc. (est. 1996; Sunnyvale, CA)
- Fiber Channel Association Japan
- Fundación Cultural Argentino Japonesa (Spanish: Argentine-Japanese Cultural Foundation)
- Flagler County Art League (Florida)
- Fujitsu Components Asia Limited (Singapore)
- Funeral Consumer Association of Leon County (Tallahassee, FL)
- Failure-Censored Accelerated Life Test (reliability)
- Fabrication et Conception en Atelier Mécanique (French: Design and Manufacturing in Mechanical Workshop)
- Fellow of the Central Academy of Music
- Fire Chiefs Association of Massachusetts (North Andover, MA)
- Florida Community Association Management
- Fondo Centroaméricano de Mujeres (Central America Women's Fund)
- Football Club Ally-Mauriac (French sports club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NYSE:A) has announced the results of a successful 4 Gb/s Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FCAL) interoperability test.
This SBOD (switched bunch of disks) architecture eliminates bus contention related issues associated with Fibre Channel arbitrated loop and therefore ensures the maximum possible performance, reliability and availability in a storage system.
Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop is a little different.
Implementing Agilent's Fibre Channel arbitrated loop (FC-AL) switch helps storage array manufacturers meet today's most critical storage-area network (SAN) requirements: performance, reliability, availability and serviceability.
Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FCAL) architecture allows for up to 126 devices per loop, but throughput drops as devices are added because each node represents a latency factor against total loop performance.
6,470,007, entitled "Interconnect System for Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop Including Private Loop Devices", through the unauthorized manufacture, use, sale and offering for sale of various storage area network switching products, including Brocade's Silkworm switch products, which include its "QuickLoop" and "Fabric Assist" product features.
When coupled with the VSC7147 2Gb/s Fibre Channel Hex PBC or the VSC7192 12-Channel Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop Switch, the VSC120 can disconnect a disk drive from the loop, perform diagnostics, and report status to the host without interrupting data flow to other resources within the enclosure.