Jul 7, 2010 Lockheed Martin New ATK fiber placement machines for F-35s unveiled.
What does FPM stand for?
FPM stands for Fiber Placement Machine (NASA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of FPM
We have 147 other meanings of FPM in our Acronym Attic
- Fast Packet Multiplexing
- Fast Page Mode (RAM)
- Fast Parallel Multiplier
- FastCGI (Common Gateway Interface) Process Manager (software)
- Fault and Performance Manager (Avaya Telephony Product used for monitoring voice systems)
- Fault-Prone Module
- Federal Personnel Manual
- Fédération Patronale Monégasque (French: Monaco Employers Federation; Monaco)
- Feet Per Mile (elevation)
- Feet Per Minute
- Field Point Module
- Field Production Management
- Field Project Manager
- FIFO and Priority Manager (US Postal Service)
- Filarmónica Portuguesa de Montreal (Portugese)
- Fill-Pattern Monitor (physics)
- Financial Performance Management
- Financial Planning Manager (job title)
- Fine Particulate Matter (diameter less than or equal to 2.5 micrometers)
- Fine Point Mode
Samples in periodicals archive:
For more than 20 years, since ATK invented the fiber placement process and built the first fiber placement machine, ATK has been at the forefront of composite process technology.
The use of the Automatic Tape and Fiber Placement Machine is more efficient due to higher use of thermoplastic resins as matrices (CORONET, 2004), replacing the thermoset resins, and skipping the consolidation process in an autoclave.
ATK is executing a focused development effort to provide a near-term doubling of throughput on individual fiber placement machines and is targeting a long-term improvement factor of 10.
FiberSIM automates design and analysis and generates manufacturing information including documentation, flat patterns, and data to drive laser projectors, automated cutters and fiber placement machines.
We are adding state-of-the-art equipment such as our new Cincinnati Machine 'Charger' Automated Tape Laying machine, and our new Viper 6000 Automated Fiber Placement machine.
In addition, the manufacturing department will generate flat patterns, laser projection programs, and data for advanced fiber placement machines using the software.
The company operates more fiber placement machines than any other supplier in the world, and also is an industry leader in both hand laid-up and filament-wound composite structures.