fetal scalp blood sampling, ultrasound, fetal heart rate monitoring during labour, stress and non-stress tests and umbilical artery Doppler flow velocity measurements) had a greater effect on the stillbirth rate at Tygerberg Hospital than introducing basic obstetric care.
What does FHRM stand for?
FHRM stands for Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of FHRM in our Acronym Attic
- Feline Health Research Fund (Glenhaven, New South Wales, Australia)
- Florida Hurricane Relief Fund
- Future of Human Rights Forum (est. 2012)
- Foundation for Human Rights in Guatemala (Chicago, IL)
- Fazaldad Human Rights Institute (est. 2000; Pakistan)
- Financial Health Research Institute (est. 1998; Newport Beach, CA)
- Foundation for Human Rights Initiative
- Full House Resorts, Inc. (gambling)
- Federal Human Resources Information System (US Department of the Interior)
- Fish Health Research Laboratory (Indonesia)
- Fund Holdings Reporter Online
- Fetal Heart Rate Pattern
- First Hop Redundancy Protocol (Cisco)
- Fundamentals of Human Research Protections (conference)
- Fetal Heart Rate Reactivity
- Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society (Washington, DC)
- Fellow of the Hypnotherapy Research Society
- Fjord Horse Registry of Scotland (UK)
- Foundation Human Resource Services (Oklahoma; staffing)
- Fries Hollands Rundvee Stamboek (Dutch studbook organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The guide is woman-centered and addresses labor and normal birth, vaginal examinations and artificial rupture of the membranes, fetal heart rate monitoring, perineal trauma and suturing, examination of the newborn at birth, home birth, water immersion, malpositions and malpresentations in labor, slow progress, assisted birth, caesarean section, vaginal birth after caesarean section, preterm and breech births, twins and higher-order births, hemorrhage, emergencies, resuscitation, induction of labor, pre-eclampsia, stillbirth and neonatal death, intrapartum blood tests, medication, and risk management, litigation, and complaints.
Electronic fetal heart rate monitoring transformed the whole field, giving us a method by which we could continuously assess fetal heart rate over some finite period of time.
Induction also leads to increased medical interventions including a required IV and continuous electronic fetal heart rate monitoring.
1 "ACOG Refines Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring Guidelines", 6/22/2009 The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Press Release
The majority of women in labor in the United States undergo continuous intrapartum fetal heart rate monitoring.
Randomised controlled trial of intrapartum fetal heart rate monitoring.
As a result of this, a group of senior midwives from the DHB were enrolled to conduct a study of intrapartum fetal heart rate monitoring practices of midwives and doctors over a period of six months at the end of 2006.