The National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Urges Women to Abstain from Alcohol During Pregnancy Due to the Risk of Birth Defects WASHINGTON, Sept.
What does FASY stand for?
FASY stands for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Force Anti Surface Warfare Commander
- Field Alert Status Verification
- Floral Art Society of Victoria, Inc. (Australia)
- Fonds d'Action Saint-Viateur (French: Saint-Viateur Action Fund; Côte d'Ivoire)
- Fixed Abrasive Sawing Wire
- Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare (US Navy)
- Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Command (US Navy)
- Force Anti-Submarine Warfare Commander
- Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center (San Diego, CA)
- Fleet Anti-Submarine Warfare Training Center, Pacific (San Diego, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Almost 40 years have passed since we recognized that drinking during pregnancy can result in a wide range of disabilities for children, of which fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) is the most severe.
Saylor said about 6 percent of children are born with a neurogenetic disorder, a term that encompasses more than 600 conditions, including autism, Down syndrome, Williams syndrome and fetal alcohol syndrome, with shuttles running to the festival from the Elephant Bar and from the Carousel.
Some specific subjects covered include non-invasive neuroimaging in fetal alcohol spectrum disorders, and mental health disorders comorbid with fetal alcohol syndrome.
The Best I Can Be Living With Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or Effects Liz and Jodee Kulp Better Endings New Beginnings 6289 Brunswick Avenue North, Brooklyn Park, MN 55429 9780963707239 $12.
uk - and search for 'Pregnancy Book'; Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Aware UK - www.
The National Organisation on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome estimates that 1% of babies are affected - about 7,500 a year with symptoms that include physical, behavioural and learning difficulties.
Berry, the daughter, diagnosed with fetal alcohol syndrome and unable to function in normal school, is to be sent to Lansing for special education.