METHODS: We identified valvular heart disease in 24 women treated with fenfluramine-phentermine who had no history of cardiac disease.
What does Fen-Phen stand for?
Fen-Phen stands for Fenfluramine-Phentermine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Fédération des Étudiants Neuchâtelois (French: Neuchâtel Students Federation; Neuchâtel, Switzerland)
- Female Executives Network
- Field Engineering Notice
- Financial Economics Network
- Florida Educational Negotiators
- Fluids, Electrolytes, Nutrition
- Forsythe Edwards Notation (chess)
- Free Expression Network
- Free-Net Erlangen/Nuernberg
- Center on Functional Engineered and Nano Architectonics (research institute; est. 2003; University of California, Los Angeles)
- Far East News Agency
- Federación Ecuatoriana de Natación (Spanish: Ecuadorian Swimming Federation)
- Ferguson Enthusiasts of North America
- Florida Emergency Nurses Association
- Fractional Excretion of Sodium
- Furukawa Electric North America (now American Furukawa Inc.; Plymouth, MI)
- Future Enterprise Network Architecture
- Federação Nacional Dos Bancos (Portuguese: National Bank Association)
- Federación Nacional de Asociaciones de Consultoría (Spain)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Few published studies of the pathology of fenfluramine-phentermine (fen-phen) valvulopathy, described by Connolly and colleagues in 1997, have appeared.
13 /PRNewswire/ -- The diet drug combination fenfluramine-phentermine, better known as fen-phen, was removed from the marketplace in 1997 because it was associated with acquired heart valve abnormalities.
27, 1997--Mayo Clinic is coordinating a new, multi-center study that will use advanced imaging techniques to determine whether taking appetite suppressants including fenfluramine-phentermine (fen-phen), dexfenfluramine (Redux) and/or other appetite suppressants is associated with the development of valvular heart disease.
In one study, 81 of the 121 subjects who originally took fenfluramine-phentermine 15 years ago were reevaluated by echocardiography, said Dr.
Looming larger for American Home Products are the suits concerning fenfluramine-phentermine, the diet drug combination.