OTTAWA The Native Women's Association of Canada (NWAC) and the Canadian Feminist Alliance for International Action (FAFIA) have announced that the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women will conduct an inquiry into the murders and disappearances of Aboriginal women and girls in the country.
What does FAFIA stand for?
FAFIA stands for Feminist Alliance for International Action (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAFIA
- Fun After Fifty Five (religious group)
- Fanclub Arts Foundation Fashion Awards (Detroit, MI)
- Fast Far Field Approximation
- Findlay Area Fantasy Football Association
- First Aid Fire Fighting Equipment
- Flying Anvils Fighter Group
- Fundación de Antropología Forense de Guatemala (Guatemalan Forensic Anthropology Foundation)
- Federal Agency for Foreign Investors (Belgium)
- First Asset Funds Inc. (Canada)
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud Investigation
- Forced Away from It All
- Federal Armed Forces Intelligence Center
- Federation of Associations of Former International Civil Servants
- Foreningen Af Filmudlejere I Danmark (Danish: Distributors' Association in Denmark)
- Federal Armed Forces Intelligence Office (Germany)
- Federation of American Football Leagues
- Finite Automata and Formal Language
- Forces Aériennes Françaises Libres (French: Free French Air Force)
- Financial Life Insurance Company
- First Allmerica Financial Life Insurance Company (Southborough, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However it looks like the ladies' battalions have only moved over the field to such groups as the Feminist Alliance for International Action (FAFIA) and Equal Voice, which purports to help more women enter politics (on a strictly, nonpartisan basis, if you want to believe that
AIF=available in French: E/F=English and French) Canada's commitment to equality: a gender analysis of the last ten federal budgets (1995-2004), Armine Yalnizyan, Canadian Feminist Alliance for International Action, Ottawa, ISBN 1-897159-01-3 www.