Around 140 million women and girls across the world have suffered female genital mutilation (FGM).
What does FGM stand for?
FGM stands for Female Genital Mutilation
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of FGM
We have 60 other meanings of FGM in our Acronym Attic
- Florida-Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- First German Lego Train Club
- Fidanzate Gelose e Leggermente Violente (Italian: Slightly Jealous and Violent Girlfriends)
- Fillipino Golfers of Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV)
- Fresh Green Leafy Vegetables
- Full Gospel Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV)
- Faculté de Gestion et de Management (French: Faculty of Business and Management; Lebanon)
- Faculty Grants Management (University of Washington)
- Fairy God Mother
- Feels Good Man
- Field Goals Made (basketball statistic)
- Fiscal Guidance Memorandum
- Fission Gas Monitor
- Fixed Gain Mode (satellite communications)
- Flight Guidance Module (aviation)
- Fluxgate Magnetometer (Cluster spacecraft)
- Focus Group Member (various organizations)
- Fondation du Grand Montréal (French: Greater Montreal Foundation; Canada)
- Fondazione Guglielmo Marconi (Italian: Guglielmo Marconi Foundation)
- Force Generation Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: A newly released United Nations (UN) report shows that millions of girls under the age of 15 remain at risk of female genital mutilation or cutting despite such practices being on the decline.
UNcjwXPjlel) resolution calling on countries that still engage in female genital mutilation to eliminate the practice.
Byline: JONNY GREATREX TWO men have been bailed after being arrested in Birmingham over suspected female genital mutilation offences.
TWO men have been arrested amid allegations female genital mutilation was being offered in Birmingham.
Burney said that female genital mutilation comprises all procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia, or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
Organiser Ifrah Ahmed said: "The event will bring together young people from all over Dublin, many of whom are recent migrants to Ireland, to raise awareness of the harmful practice of female genital mutilation as one form of gender-based violence.
It also criticised the fact that only one woman was appointed to the Iraqi cabinet, and said that serious problems remain in terms of "honour crimes" against women, as well as female genital mutilation.