The current mayor of Kapuskasing, and president of the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities (FONOM), has always been a champion of the region.
What does FONOM stand for?
FONOM stands for Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities (Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Freedom of Northern Ireland (Belfast, UK)
- Friends of Nomads International
- Fonds de Coopération de la Jeunesse et de l'Education Populaire (French: Cooperation Fund for Youth and Popular Education)
- Friends of Navy Lakehurst
- Friends of Newport Lakes
- Friends of Our Native Landscape
- Friends of the Nipomo Library (Nipomo, CA)
- Friends of the Nippersink Library
- Fibre Optic National Network (Kenya)
- Finding of No New Significant Impact
- Forza Operativa Nazionale di Oncologia Pediatrica (Italian: National Pediatric Oncology Task Force)
- Freedom of Navigation Operations
- Friends of Nature Parks (Gainesville, FL)
- Friends of North Plains (est. 1996; Oregon)
- Friends of Olympic National Park (Port Angeles, WA)
- Friends of the Night People (Buffalo, NY; homeless assistance)
- Finding of No Practicable Alternative
- Federatia Organizatiilor Neguvernamentale Pentru Protectia Copilulu (Romanian: Federation of Nongovernmental Organizations to Protect Your Child)
- Fonds de Pension des Élus Locaux (French: Locally Elected Pension Fund)
- Fondo del Petróleo (Guatemala)
Samples in periodicals archive:
That means that normally passive-aggressive Northern institutions like the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities and the Northwestern Ontario Municipal Association, and chambers of commerce, and institutional leaders (from churches to science centres) need to settle on something simple like being treated like grownups.
The Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities (FONOM) has facilitated public meetings in Hearst, Timmins and Cochrane.
The Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities (FONOM) is setting its sights on the upcoming provincial election, with an eye on transportation, energy, First Nations participation, and the Ontario Municipal Partnership Fund (OMPF).
The importance of having the chance at influencing this and other elements of the Northern Ontario-focused document is not lost on the local governments of the North, says Mac Bain, president of the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities (FONOM).
Somer says, he was given multiple assurances by Minister of Natural Resources (MNR) Donna Cansfield as recently as the spring, when she told him at a conference for the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities in Sudbury that fibre "would not be an issue.
Last year, the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities held an economic development conference in Timmins called the Northern Leaders Economic Summit to talk about, well .
In 1997 came the "Fairness and Equality for our North" report from the Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities and the Northwestern Municipal Association.