Norris, senior fellow with the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) in Washington, DC, and Hans M.
What does FAS stand for?
FAS stands for Federation of American Scientists (est. 1945; Washington, DC)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAS
We have 378 other meanings of FAS in our Acronym Attic
- Farm Animal Sanctuary (various locations)
- Farnham Angling Society (est. 1906; UK)
- Fassa Bortolo (Tour de France cycling sponsor)
- Fatty Acid Synthase
- Feature Analysis Services
- Federal Acquisition Service (GSA)
- Federal Antimonopoly Service (Russia)
- Federal Aviation Service (Russia)
- Fédération des Autonomes de Solidarité (French: Autonomous Solidarity Federation)
- Federation of Astronomical Societies
- Federation of Atomic Scientists (now Federation of American Scientists)
- Federazione Anarchica Siciliana (Italian: Sicilian Anarchist Federation)
- Fedora Account System
- Fellow of the Antiquarian Socity
- Felony Action Squad (New Orleans Police Department)
- Femmes Afriques Solidarité (French)
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Field Alert Status
- Field Application Specialist (various companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Charles Blair of the Federation of American Scientists believes that the stockpile of the Syrian chemical weapons is one of the strongest in the Arab world and it could threaten the global security if the current crisis in Syria develops in a different direction.
Ferguson, president of the independent Federation of American Scientists, as saying that "broader sanctions such as those targeting the banking sector or the economy as a whole are misguided".
In light of reports published in the US of a study by the Federation of American Scientists that say Pakistan is in the process of vastly expanding its nuclear arsenal and its delivery systems, the army chief, who has also become the chairman of the apex chiefs of staff committee, was asked whether there should be any change in India's own position such as having a " second strike capability".
China nearly doubled the number of patrols by its fleet of attack submarines last year, surpassing Russia but still far behind the United States, the Federation of American Scientists reported Tuesday.
” The Federation of American Scientists, which has opposed the government’s plan, called the concerns “completely overblown” and estimates that the U.
But the Federation of American Scientists, an independent watchdog group, obtained a leaked copy this month and has published it on its website (fas.
Corporate Sponsors and/or Exhibitors of the Technology Summit: Hughes Network Systems, International Launch Services, Society of Satellite Professionals International (SSPI), American Red Cross, Federation of American Scientists, XM Satellite Radio, NBC4.