She formerly served as the Chief Washington Counsel for the American Hospital Association and as Chief Operating Officer and Executive Counsel for the Federation of American Hospitals.
What does FAHS stand for?
FAHS stands for Federation of American Hospitals (Washington, DC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FAHS
We have 23 other meanings of FAHS in our Acronym Attic
- Fully Automatic High Quality Translation
- Flinders Aboriginal Health Research (Australia)
- Formosan Association for Human Rights
- Foundation Appaloosa Horse Registry (est. 1997; Middlebury, IN)
- Federation of Associations of Health Regulatory Boards
- Fellow of the Association for Healthcare Resource and Materials Management
- Florida Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
- Food Animal Health Research Program (Ohio State University)
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (academics)
- Federation of American Health Systems
- Federation of Australian Historical Societies (Canberra, Australia)
- Finnish American Heritage Society (various locations)
- Florence Area Humane Society (Oregon)
- Fort Atkinson High School (Fort Atkinson, WI)
- Frankfurt American High School (US DoD; Frankfurt, Germany)
- Filipino American Historical Society of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Florida Affordable Housing Study Commission
- Florida Association of Healthy Start Coalitions
- Filipino American Human Services, Inc.
- Filipino-American Historical Society of Hawaii
Samples in periodicals archive:
Whos behind it: Americans for Stable Quality Care, a coalition of the American Medical Association, PhRMA (the pharmaceutical industry lobby), the Federation of American Hospitals and Families USA (a health care advocacy group), among others.
In an interview the day following the July 8 announcement of the deal, reached in collaboration with the American Hospital Association and the Federation of American Hospitals, Keehan said the deliberation process involved many hours of meetings, discussion and "a lot of give-and-take.
Families USA and the Federation of American Hospitals are organizing a series of hour-long presidential forums designed to foster detailed discussions on health reform.
The American Nurses Association (ANA), The American Hospital Association (AHA), Federation of American Hospitals (FAH), and Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) launched the Hospital Quality Alliance (HQA), a national public-private collaboration to encourage hospitals to voluntarily collect and report hospital quality performance information.
But Part A hospital payments would incur $22 billion of these cuts--"the wrong policy at the wrong time," as hospitals have been losing money caring for Medicare beneficiaries since 2003, said Chip Kahn, president of the Federation of American Hospitals.
org Federation of American Hospitals 801 Pennsylvania Ave.
Professional organizations, such as the American Hospital Association, the Federation of American Hospitals and the American Health Information Management Association, are pushing for the mandate.