Noticing that the business's federal tax deposits were not up to date, the Revenue Agent placed a levy against the bakery's business bank account.
What does FTD stand for?
FTD stands for Federal Tax Deposit
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FTD
We have 97 other meanings of FTD in our Acronym Attic
- Florida Transportation Credit Union (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Fulton Teachers' Credit Union (Tampa, FL)
- Federación de Tenis de la Comunidad Valenciana (Spanish tennis club)
- For The Canadian Wrestling Fan
- Facilitated Transit Document (international relations)
- Failure to Deliver (stock market, short selling)
- Failure Transition Distance
- Fast Track Delivery
- Fastest Time of the Day (auto racing)
- Fear the Deer
- Feeding Tube Dependency
- Field Technical Demonstration
- Field Test Demonstration
- Field Test Display
- Field Training Detachment
- Fight to Death
- File Transfer Date
- File Type Doctor (software for Windows Vista)
- Fill Thread Database (newsgroups)
- Financial Times Deutschland (German sister newspaper of the Financial Times)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1, many businesses are now required to make federal tax deposits by phone or electronically through the Electronic Federal-Tax Payment System.
Nor do the proposed regulations change existing rules regarding whether organizations can remit taxes with a return in lieu of making a federal tax deposit if their liability falls below a particular threshold (e.
23) Federal Tax Deposit (FTD) Reduce the current 10% penalty rate for Avoidance Penalty.
SCRIPS is a data capture, management and storage system that processes three IRS forms -- 1040EZ returns, IRP Form 1099s, and Federal Tax Deposits (FTDs).
EFTPS, which now accounts for more than 80% of all federal tax deposits, allows businesses to pay their payroll taxes electronically.
One of those options you may be familiar with is the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System for making federal tax deposits.
On the other hand, when they owe more than $500 per quarter, they must deposit the taxes with an authorized bank or Federal Reserve Bank and should file a completed Federal Tax Deposit Coupon (Form 8109) with such deposits.