The federal surface transportation program, combined with state and local government transportation investments, are the most significant drivers of the national transportation infrastructure construction market.
What does FSTP stand for?
FSTP stands for Federal Surface Transportation Program
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FSTP
We have 8 other meanings of FSTP in our Acronym Attic
- Film Super Twist Neumatic (barcode computer)
- Film-compensated Super-Twisted Nematic
- Formulated Super Twisted Nematic
- Feature Space Trajectory with a New Distance Metric
- Fast Stochastics (financial software)
- Fixed-Stride Trie Optimization (computer algorithm)
- Flight Student Training Officer
- Fullerton Secondary Teachers Organization (Fullerton, CA)
- Free State Theatre Organ Society (Maryland)
- Facts Screening and Transforming Processor
- Financial Services Transfer Pricing
- Five Seasons Transportation and Parking (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Foiled Shielded Twisted Pair (network cable)
- Food Security Thematic Programme (EU)
- Foreign Signaling Transfer Point (Sprint)
- Fraction-Specific Thermal Processing (food science)
- Full Season Ticket Plan (sporting events)
- Full Spectrum Threat Protection (Army)
- Forum Studi Transportasi Antar Perguruan Tinggi (Indonesian Inter University Transportation Studies Forum)
- Fonds de Solidarité des Travailleurs du Québec (French: Workers Solidarity Fund of Quebec; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
LaHood is expected to offer his insights on efforts underway to reauthorize the federal surface transportation program, as well as tools to finance transportation infrastructure.
In our recent report and in 2005, we concluded that there is a need to (1) clearly establish federal objectives and clear roles for all stakeholders (federal, regional, state, and local governments and freight, commuter, and passenger railroads); (2) clearly identify expected outcomes; (3) base decisions on reliable ridership and other forecasts to determine the viability of high speed rail projects; and (4) include high speed rail in a reexamination of other federal surface transportation programs to clarify federal goals and roles, link funding to needs and performance, and reduce modal stovepipes that hinder the financing of transportation improvements with the greatest potential for improving mobility.
Enabling legislation specifies debt maturity of 12 years for outstanding and subsequent issuances, limiting federal surface transportation program reauthorization risk.
Mike Hancock, SASHTO president and Kentucky transportation secretary said, "Kentucky has $447 million in Federal-aid highway construction and repair projects ready for bidding over the next four months, so it's imperative that Congress act to prevent the nation's federal surface transportation program from expiring.
A number of principles can help guide the assessment of proposals to restructure and fund federal surface transportation programs.
Under that initiative, high-speed rail would be put on an equal footing in the federal surface transportation program.
Legislation to extend federal surface transportation programs was adopted by several Senate committees before Congress left in December but did not address the truck weight issue.