Semple said Monday that Federal Protective Service officers who issued the citations did not handcuff her or Purvis before allowing them to walk free.
What does FPS stand for?
FPS stands for Federal Protective Service
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FPS
We have 315 other meanings of FPS in our Acronym Attic
- Fault Plane Solution (earthquake seismology)
- Favorite Picture Selection
- Fax Preference Service (UK)
- Fayetteville Public Schools (Fayetteville, Arkansas)
- Feature Picture Story
- Feature Planning Specification (Sprint)
- Federação Portuguesa de Surf (Portugese)
- Federal Penitentiary Service (various nations)
- Federal Prosecution Service (Canada)
- Federal Protection Service
- Federal Public Service (Belgium and Canada)
- Federal-Provincial Subcommittee (Canada)
- Federalnaya Pogranichnaya Sluzhba (Russian: Federal Border Service)
- Fédération de Paintball Sportif (French)
- Fédération des Praticiens de Santé (French: Federation of Health Practitioners)
- Federation of Piling Specialists (UK)
- Fédération Professionnelle des Entreprises du Sport et des Loisirs (French: Professional Federation of Enterprises of Sport and Recreation)
- Federation Provisioning System
- Feet Per Second
- Fell Pony Society (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AFGE is an affiliate of the AFL-CIO and is the largest federal employee union representing 625,000 workers in the federal government and the government of the District of Columbia, including DHS employees in Border Patrol, Citizenship and Immigration Services, Coast Guard, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, FEMA, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Federal Protective Service, Office of Immigration Statistics and TSA.
Musumeci, who had been videotaping the November 2009 arrest of an activist distributing leaflets outside a federal courthouse in New York, was approached by agents of the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Protective Service (FPS), who arrested him and confiscated his camera.
Why have so many police forces when all you have to do is expand the federal Protective Service Police, which protects the sites buildings of those rare government agencies that don't have their own personal police force?
Julie Myers, assistant secretary for DHS's Immigration and Customs Enforcement bureau, said the Federal Protective Service owes nearly $8 million in overdue payments to about 20 contractors.
Tennant was arrested by agents of the Federal Protective Services (FPS), a branch of the Homeland Security Department, for making "harassing phone calls" to a Veterans Affairs office.
One explores the transfer of the Federal Protective Service (FPS) to the Department of Homeland Security, noting that although FPS's mission has expanded, it does not have a transformation strategy to address this expanding mission.
Coast Guard, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Customs, Transportation Security Administration, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Secret Service, Federal Protective Services, Federal Emergency Management and other U.