The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) was created to manage this enormous entity, and for about fifteen years did so with a uniform, quite detailed Federal Personnel Manual (FPM).
What does FPM stand for?
FPM stands for Federal Personnel Manual
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FPM
We have 147 other meanings of FPM in our Acronym Attic
- Family Protection Ministries (Lincoln, CA)
- Fan Power Module
- Fantastic Plastic Machine (band)
- Farris Pressure Management (Canada)
- Fast Packet Multiplexing
- Fast Page Mode (RAM)
- Fast Parallel Multiplier
- FastCGI (Common Gateway Interface) Process Manager (software)
- Fault and Performance Manager (Avaya Telephony Product used for monitoring voice systems)
- Fault-Prone Module
- Fédération Patronale Monégasque (French: Monaco Employers Federation; Monaco)
- Feet Per Mile (elevation)
- Feet Per Minute
- Fiber Placement Machine (NASA)
- Field Point Module
- Field Production Management
- Field Project Manager
- FIFO and Priority Manager (US Postal Service)
- Filarmónica Portuguesa de Montreal (Portugese)
- Fill-Pattern Monitor (physics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The US government plans to streamline personnel administration by: * phasing out the Federal Personnel Manual and all agency directives by decentralising the recruitment process and giving departments more control over who comes to work for them; * abolishing centralised systems and standard applications forms; * simplifying the job classification system and making pay more flexible; * allowing agencies to design their own management and reward systems; * reducing by half the time taken to recruit and release employees.
The Federal Personnel Manual states that no agency can abolish a full-time position in order to create a part-time one, and that no person employed full-time can be required to accept part-time employment instead.