The exact number of lawsuits is not known, but just last year alone the University of Pennsylvania filed at least a dozen lawsuits over the Federal Perkins Loan, Bloomberg reported.
What does FPL stand for?
FPL stands for Federal Perkins Loan (US Department of Education)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FPL
We have 282 other meanings of FPL in our Acronym Attic
- Forum Peduli Keselamatan Warga (Indonesian: Peduli Safety Forum Warga)
- Face Pumped Laser
- Facing Point Lock
- Faculté Polydisciplinaire de Larache (French: Larache Polydisciplinary School; Larache, Morocco)
- Fairhope Public Library (Fairhope, AL)
- Familles Populaires à Lourdes (French: Popular Family in Lourdes; Lourdes, Belgium)
- Family Protection League
- Fantasy Powers League
- Fantasy Premier League (fantasy soccer)
- Fayetteville Public Library (Fayetteville, AR)
- Federal Poverty Level
- Federated Pipelines Ltd
- Feline Panleukopenia (Virus)
- Ferro Pfanstiehl Laboratories (Mayfield Heights, OH)
- Field Programmable Logic
- Filed Flight Plan
- Final Protective Line
- Fire-Power Limited (UL rating for fire alarm wire)
- FIX (Financial Information Exchange) Protocol Limited (UK)
- Fixed Price List (book and coin dealers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, Congress has approved his plan for a four-year, $10,000 college tax credit for families earning up to $180,000, along with increases in Pell grants (to $5,635) and the fixed rate Federal Perkins Loan program.
Restructure and expand the federal Perkins Loan program to ensure that all institutions can take part in the program.
The Federal Perkins Loan is a no-interest loan while the student is in school.
Financial Aid Award Type of Aid Fall Spring Total Accept Decline ------------ ------ -------- ----- ------- --------- Federal(3) Pell Grant $600 $600 $1,200 ( ) ( ) Federal SEOG 800 800 1,600 ( ) ( ) University Grant 1,000 1,000 2,000 ( ) ( ) Federal Work-Study Program 700 700 1,400 ( ) ( ) Federal Perkins Loan 600 600 1,200 ( ) ( ) Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan(4) 1,300 1,300 2,600 ( ) ( ) ------ -------- ----- ------- --------- 5,000 5,000 10,000 Please sign this letter and return it to the financial aid office within two weeks.
Those programs are the federal Perkins loan program, the Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant and the college work-study program.
Federal Perkins loans, with a low 5 percent interest rate, also are available through schools and based on financial need.
Also, the Department of Education released draft instructions to help IHEs running a shortfall in federal Perkins Loan revolving funds, allowing them to recoup institutional short-term loans to the funds over a longer period.