While it may take several months for the investigation to be completed, I would be extremely surprised if it didn't show that Megabus violated the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations by failing to properly maintain its buses, train its drivers, and require thorough pre- and post-trip inspections," states Zehl.
What does FMCSR stand for?
FMCSR stands for Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Forum on Music and Christian Scholarship
- Freeborn Mower Cooperative Services (Albert Lea, MN)
- Freight Movement Control System
- Freshwater Mollusk Conservation Society
- Fujitsu Mission Critical Systems (Fujitsu Limited; Japan)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (US DOT)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association
- Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa
- Formation Médicale Continue sans Frontière (French: Continuing Medical Education without Borders)
- Fargo Moorhead Community Theatre
- Fire Line Meter and Compound Torrent
- Fissile Material Cutoff Treaty
- Forward Model Checking Technique
- Fairmont Marion County Transit Authority (West Virginia)
- Farmers Mutual Cooperative Telephone Company (Harlan, IA)
- Federación Mundial de Ciudades Unidas (Spanish: World Federation of United Cities)
- Force Mobile Command Unit
- Formation Médicale Continue Universitaire (French: Continuing Medical Education University)
- Fort McPherson Credit Union (East Point, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
11 The bill eliminated the requirement for motor carriers to register with the Secretary of Transportation, unless they were also subject to the secretary's federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
gov) that allows commercial truck and bus operators to use the Internet to apply for registration and to pay fines for violations of federal motor carrier safety regulations.
Liability and the Regulations The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations begin at 49 C.
a Summit, IL bus company, out of business alleging that Sunlight was operating unsafe motor coaches and did not comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs).
To qualify for participation, a state must adopt and enforce the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations [FMCSR] or similar state rules that are compatible with the FMCSRs and the Hazardous Material Regulations [HMRs].
Under the new rule, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) will apply to all businesses operating commercial motor vehicles (CMV) designed or used to transport between nine and 15 passengers (including the driver) in interstate commerce for "direct compensation" when the vehicle is operated beyond a 75-air-mile radius from the location where the driver normally works.
Hazmat regulations, phone numbers for OMC division offices, downloadable OMC forms, information on Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, and the Safety and Fitness Electronic Records System (SAFER) are just a few of the offerings currently posted on the OMC site.