The US House Appropriations Committee has approved a $3bn budget for the Departments of Justice, Commerce and State which explicitly forbids expenditures on the proposed Federal Intrusion Detection Network, FIDNET.
What does FIDNet stand for?
FIDNet stands for Federal Intrusion Detection Network (Federal Computer Incident Response Center; now defunct)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Field Integrated Dose Modification
- Financial Institution Data Match (child support enforcement)
- Financial Instruments Data Model
- Forest Insect and Disease Management (USDA Forest Service)
- Full-Iteration Dynamic Model
- Feria Internacional De Muestras de Asturias (Spanish)
- Field Document Management System
- Fixed Incore Detector Monitoring System (nuclear power)
- Fife Independent Disability Network (UK)
- Fordham Identification Number (Fordham University; New York)
- Face Information Digested On-Line (Mining)
- Fast Identity Online (security alliance)
- Field Integrated Design and Operations (NASA)
- Film in Digital Out (Kodak's first digital film format)
- Filter Device Object
- Fine Dog
- Flight Dynamics Officer
- Flight Inspection District Office
- Fog Investigation & Dispersal Operation
- Fog, Intensive Dispersal Of (aviation pipe network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nasdaq:ODSI), today announced a solution for some of the more difficult technical and privacy protection aspects of the proposed Federal Intrusion Detection Network (FIDNET).
Even as privacy activists protest the Clinton administration's plans to build a Federal Intrusion Detection Network (FIDNET) on the grounds that it amounts to military surveillance, the Center for Security Policy (CSP) has called for more surveillance - this time of Chinese and other foreign government affiliated entities at large in the US capital markets.