About Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS) FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) are issued by NIST and are a set of standards that describe document processing, encryption algorithms and other information technology standards for use within non-military government agencies and by government vendors who work with the agencies.
What does FIPS PUBS stand for?
FIPS PUBS stands for Federal Information Processing Standards Publications
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Fédération Internationale des Patrouilles de Ski
- Federation of Information Processing Societies
- Female Iron Pipe Size (plumbing)
- Financial Information Progress System (US government)
- First Nondestructive Interactive Partition Splitting Program
- Fiscal Invoice Processing System
- Fixed Income Pricing System (NASDAQ)
- Floating-Point Instructions Per Second (computer science, processor speed benchmark)
- Française Internationale du Pur Sang (French: French International Thoroughbred)
- Federal Information Processing Standard Publication
- Federazione Italiana Pesca Sportiva Attività Subacquee (Italian: Italian Federation of Sport Fishing and Diving; Rome, Italy)
- Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education
- Fédération Internationale de la Pêche Sportive en Eau Douce (French: International Federation of Freshwater Sport Fishing)
- Field Programmable System on Chip
- Finnish Public Services Unions' EU Working Party (Finland)
- Federazione Italiana Palla Tamburello (Italian sports federation)
- Fellowship Intellectual Property Trust (Narcotics Anonymous)
- Female Iron Pipe Thread
- Financial Integrated Product Team
- Functional Integrated Process Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
13 /PRNewswire/ -- iDirect Technologies Inc (iDirect), a company of VT Systems Inc, today announced that the iDirect Series 7000 satellite router has been placed on the Pre-Validation List for the Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS) 140-2: Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules.
HSPD-121: Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 FIPS-2012: Federal Information Processing Standards Publications PKI3: Public Key Infrastructure SDK4: Software Development Kit About Oberthur Technologies Oberthur Technologies is a world leader in the field of secure technologies: systems development, solutions and services for smart cards (payment cards, SIM cards, access cards, NFCO) and for secure identity documents, traditional and electronic (identity card, passport, health care card).
Among LifeSize's new security credentials, the LifeSize Cryptographic Security Kernel has been placed on the In Process Listing for the Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS) 140-2 Validation: Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules.
OL), a leading global provider of telepresence, high-definition video conferencing and mobile video solutions, announced today that the TANDBERG MXP Codec has been awarded Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS) 140-2 Validation - a validation requirement for any cryptographic product used in a U.
NYSE:T), today announced that Sterling Connect:Direct[R] has been placed on the validation list for the Federal Information Processing Standards Publications 140-2 Level 1: Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules (FIPS 140).
and Canadian Governments Dallas Semiconductor (NYSE:DS) Tuesday announced that the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Canadian Security Establishment (CSE) have validated the DS1954 Cryptographic iButton as meeting Federal Information Processing Standards Publications (FIPS PUBS) 140-1, "Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules" (FIPS 140-1).