Neely represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts in a variety of business litigation matters, including cases involving the RICO Act, securities and partnership disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, minority shareholder oppression, Federal Fair Housing Act, deceptive trade practices claims, and construction and construction-delay disputes.
What does FFHA stand for?
FFHA stands for Federal Fair Housing Act
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FFHA
We have 3 other meanings of FFHA in our Acronym Attic
- Festival du Film Humanitaire (French: Humanitarian Film Festival)
- Fight for Honor (gaming clan)
- Final Fantasy High (gaming)
- Fixed Flight Hours
- Flora Fauna Habitat
- Frigate Helicopter
- Front Front Hash (marching band field show)
- Fund for Humanity (San Francisco, CA)
- Fast-Frequency-Hopping Net (US DoD)
- Fast Frequency Hopping/Frequency Shift Keying
- Florida Fair Housing Act
- Fort Fairfield Housing Authority (Fort Fairfield, ME)
- Foundation for Female Health Awareness (Cincinnati, OH)
- Foundation for Hospital Art (Roswell, GA)
- Foundation Foxtrotter Heritage Association (Oxford, AR)
- Federation Française de Handball (French: French Handball Federation)
- Foreningen for Hjertesyke Barn (Norwegian Association for Children with Heart Disorder)
- Funds for Historic Buildings (UK)
- Federally Funded Health Center (US DHHS)
- First Financial Holding Co. Ltd. (Taiwan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Puckett: When I was representing property owners and managers in 1989, fair housing became a significant issue when people with disabilities and families with children were added as protected classes under the federal Fair Housing Act.
The site then let users filter roommates based on the same traits, which are protected by 1968's Federal Fair Housing Act or, in the case of sexual preference, by California's housing law.
Gay advocates hope HUD's study will be a first step towards adding sexual orientation and gender identity to the federal Fair Housing Act, which prohibits discrimination in sales and rentals of homes.
Martines, however, said the cityÕs ordinance may not be enforceable anymore, based on recent case law related to the federal Fair Housing Act that found such distance requirements to be discriminatory.
San Francisco, under the federal Fair Housing Act, alleging the lender targeted black neighborhoods for high-risk, unfairly priced loans--in effect reverse redlining, said Ramsey.
He noted, "We think they're at a very serious risk of a Federal Fair Housing Act violation.
[NY Post] Major housing developers may turn to Washington to avoid millions in fines for violating federal Fair Housing Act.