In 1992, Congress passed the Energy Policy Act (EPAct), which allowed the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to open wholesale markets to a wider array of companies.
What does FERC stand for?
FERC stands for Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FERC
We have 10 other meanings of FERC in our Acronym Attic
- Frame Error Rate Analysis
- Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009
- Federation of Enfield Residents' and Allied Associations (UK)
- Family Electric Rate Assistance Balancing Account (California)
- Fisheries, Ecology and Recreation Advisory Committee (Wales)
- Feline Education, Rescue & Adoption League
- Ferro-Electric Random Access Memory
- Failure Evaluation Review Board
- Forum for Energy Reporters Bangladesh
- Fermetures de Bâtiments (French: Building Closures)
- Fédération de l'Education de la Recherche et de la Culture (French: Federation of Educational Research and Culture)
- FEMA Emergency Response Capability
- Financial Econometrics Research Centre (UK)
- Foreign Economic Relations Commission (Shanghai, China)
- Foreign Exchange Remittance Card (Pakistan)
- Foundation for the Education of Rural Children (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Audit Group
- Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Corrections Act of 2000
- Forum for Ethical Review Committees in Thailand (est. 2002; biomedical research)
- Fédération Européenne de la Restauration Collective (French: European Federation of Contract Catering Organisations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On November 25, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) - which licenses 1,600 of the nation's commercial electricity-producing dams - ordered the removal of the Edwards Dam on the Kennebec River in Augusta, Maine.
On December 21, 2006, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approved the merger transaction.
The California Independent System Operator Corporation (California ISO) Board of Governors yesterday unanimously agreed to file a petition for a Declaratory Order with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) on a policy to facilitate financing and construction of transmission facilities necessary for efficient development of renewable energy resources in remote locations.
AGLC had designed its competitive pricing plan in response to decisions at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission that encourage natural gas distribution companies to compete in the largely deregulated energy marketplace.
NASDAQ: NRGY) announced today that its regulated subsidiary Central New York Oil And Gas Company, LLC ("CNYOG") has been granted its Section 7(c) Application for Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ("FERC") for the expansion of the Stagecoach natural gas storage facility.
28 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by Occidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY): The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has reaffirmed its reversal of a remedial order issued in 1988 to Cities Service Oil and Gas Corp.
Last week, Senators Maria Cantwell and Diane Feinstein asked the Department of Justice and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to ensure the timely public release of all evidence acquired during the government's Enron investigation, citing implications for ongoing trading activities in highly volatile oil and gasoline markets.