One must meet all of the following criteria to be an independent contractor: * Possess a federal employer identification number or Social Security number or have agreed in writing to carry out the responsibilities imposed on employers * Have control and discretion over the means and manner of performance of the work, in that the result of the work, rather than the means or manner by which the work is performed, is the primary element bargained for by the employer * Have control over the time when the work is performed.
What does FEIN stand for?
FEIN stands for Federal Employer Identification Number (US IRS)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FEIN
We have 1 other meaning of FEIN in our Acronym Attic
- Fire and Emergency Incident Information Reporting Program
- Federazione Italiana Kung Fu (Italian: Italian Federation of Kung Fu; martial arts)
- Farm Engineering Industries Limited (Kenya and Uganda)
- Florida Emergency Information Line
- Fédération Européenne des Investisseurs au Maroc (French: European Federation of Investors in Morocco)
- Four-Electrode Impedance Measurements
- Frequency Electronics, Inc.
- Fundación para Estudio e Investigación de la Mujer (Spanish: Foundation for Studies and Research on Women; Argentina)
- Fédération des Éditeurs d'Informatique Médicale et Paramédicale Ambulatoire (French: Federation of Publishers and Paramedical Ambulatory Medical Informatics)
- Fire and Explosion Investigation Management System (US FEMA)
- Fondazione Europea Il Nibbio (Italian: European Foundation for the Kite; ornithological organization)
- Federación Ecuatoriana de Indígenas Evangélicos (Spanish: Federation of Indigenous Evangelists of Ecuador)
- Family Early Intervention Program
- Fast Ethernet Interface Processor (Cisco)
- Fondo de Estabilización de los Ingresos Petroleros (Spanish: Oil Revenues Stabilization Fund; Mexico)
- Federación Empresarial de La Industria Química Española (Spanish Chemical Industry Federation)
- Final Environmental Impact Report
- Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (Greece)
- Fondo de Estabilización, Inversión Social, y Reducción del Endeudamiento Publico (Spanish: Oil Stabilisation and Debt Reduction Fund)
- Fellow of the Educational Institute of Scotland
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the agent submission software release included nominal modifications, the most notable being the transition from the usage of eligible surplus lines insurer Federal Employer Identification Numbers (FEINs) to National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) codes, SLIP received several significant changes.
com, a new web service that meets the tremendous growth in demand for information on Federal Employer Identification Numbers, or EINs.
1,2001: * Partnership name; * Federal employer identification number (EIN); * Number of K-1s; * Name of software being used; and * Unavailable forms and schedules.
The new service also links directly to the Internal Revenue Service's online system, allowing users to quickly get a Federal Employer Identification Number.
com offers the following products and services for your new business: * Limited Liability Company formation in all 50 states * Federal Employer Identification Number filings (EIN) * Doing Business As filings (d/b/a) * Nationwide Registered Agent services * Registration for doing business in multiple states (qualification) * Expedited filing services, priority handling and express shipping * Delaware and Nevada mail forwarding services * Free subscriptions to business magazines and trade publications * Business planning software * Books about running an LLC * A $50,000 Guarantee and more Small business owners are encouraged to visit the new Web site and learn more about the advantages of forming an LLC for their company.
If the person making sales in Michigan is not required to have a separate Federal employer identification number, the DOR will assign a treasury identification number to the employer withholding and/or sales and use tax account.
For contractors who operate through their own corporation, the company should obtain federal employer identification numbers and the equivalent state number.