Once declared a Major Federal Disaster area, the City of Tuscaloosa will transform an area along the City Walk into a new green space and recreational area for local residents as part of the two-year anniversary of the disaster.
What does FDA stand for?
FDA stands for Federal Disaster Area
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FDA
We have 322 other meanings of FDA in our Acronym Attic
- Facebook Display of Affection (social networking)
- Factorized Distribution Algorithm
- Faculty Digital Archive (New York University)
- Faculty of Design and Art (Venice, Italy)
- Failure-Data Analysis
- Faller, Davis and Associates, Inc. (Tampa, FL)
- Fatigue Damage Accumulation
- Fault Detection Accommodation
- Fault Detection and Accommodation
- Fault Detection and Annunciation
- Fibre Disk Array (data storage)
- Filter Debris Analysis
- Final Delivered Article
- Final Design Approval
- Final Disbursement Account (shipping)
- Final Drawing Approval
- Financial Disclosure Agreement
- Fire Design Associates, Inc. (Sacramento, CA)
- Fire Detection & Alarm System
- First Delivery Attempt (telecommunications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If the area is declared a federal disaster area, residents would be eligible to receive low-interest loans they can use to rebuild.
Our AERT associates have achieved significant cost reductions in the face of a severe ice storm which resulted in our area being declared a federal disaster area," said CEO Joe Brooks.
As of mid-September serious cleanup efforts were just getting started in storm-damaged communities other than New Orleans, as search and rescue efforts gave way to settling insurance claims and FEMA assessments of federal disaster areas.
Governor Jeb Bush asked his brother President George Bush to declare Florida a federal disaster area and make storm victims eligible for recovery aid.
Also, tax filing deadlines and payment schedules may be extended in a federal disaster area.
Four of those states--Missouri, Kansas, Tennessee and Oklahoma--have been declared federal disaster areas.
The extension applies to plan administrators, employers and other entities who file the Form 5500 and Form 5500-EZ that are located in the areas designated as federal disaster areas because of last month's terrorist attacks.