In 1997, the Canadian government implemented the Federal Child Support Guidelines (1) to address issues of fairness regarding the adequacy, certainty, consistency, and efficiency of support.
What does FCSG stand for?
FCSG stands for Federal Child Support Guideline (Canada)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FCSG
We have 7 other meanings of FCSG in our Acronym Attic
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Family and Consumer Science Educators of Michigan
- Farm Credit System Foundation, Inc. (est. 1991; Washington, DC)
- Fédération des Centres Sociaux de France (French: Federation of Social Centers in France)
- Freie Christliche Schule Frankfurt (German: Free Christian School Frankfurt)
- Friendship Circle of Showland Fans (UK)
- Fundacion Cabo San Francisco
- Fundacion Cientifica San Francisco (Spanish: San Francisco Scientific Foundation; San Francisco, CA)
- Four Corners Sustainable Forests Partnership
- Family CARE Support Group (Barbados)
- Federal Corporate Sentencing Guidelines (crimes)
- Financial Consulting Solutions Group (Washington)
- Football Club Saint Gallen (Switzerland)
- Football Club Sud Gâtine (French football club)
- Foundations of Computer Science Group
- Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
- Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas (Portuguese: Faculty of Social and Human Sciences; Universidade Nova de Lisboa; Lisboa, Portugal)
- Fédération Canadienne des Sciences Humaines (French: Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Fonds Commun des Services d'Hébergement (French: Common Fund for Hosting Services)
- Faculty of Cognitive Sciences and Human Development (University of Malaysia, Sarawak)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As a potential litigant, the first question to ask is whether the Federal Child Support Guidelines apply to you.
It involved interpretation of the Federal Divorce Act, Federal Child Support Guidelines and the Alberta Parentage and Maintenance Act.
The Introduction to the draft Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines reads, "The term 'guidelines' inevitably brings to mind the Federal Child Support Guidelines, enacted in 1997.
Unlike the 1997 Federal Child Support Guidelines, the proposed Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines are not being brought into force as legislation at this time but rather are meant to serve as informal guidelines that will operate on an advisory basis only, within the existing legislative framework for divorce in Canada.
The Federal Child Support Guidelines presume an ability to pay on the part of the payor in accordance with his or her income as established by s.
Following the 1997 enactment of the Federal Child Support Guidelines under the federal Divorce Act, many courts at both provincial and superior levels across Canada held that the Guidelines should apply to children of never-married parents just as to children of divorced parents.
I thought it would be useful to show the many ways to access information on the federal Child Support Guidelines and how they are applied.