Green products are identified in the DLA Federal Catalog System, the Federal Logistics Information System Web Inquiry (WebFLIS), and DOD's Electronic Mall (EMALL).
What does FCS stand for?
FCS stands for Federal Catalog System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of FCS
We have 368 other meanings of FCS in our Acronym Attic
- Faller Car System (model vehicles)
- Family and Community Services
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Family/Category Specialist
- Farm Consultation Service (Canada)
- Farm Credit Services
- Farm Credit System (est. 1916)
- Fast Cell Search
- Fast Circuit Switching (ATMF)
- Fecal Containment System (space travel)
- Federal Cyber Services
- Federation of Communication Services (UK)
- Feedback Control System
- Fellow of the Chemical Society
- Fellowship Christian School (various locations)
- Fellowship of Christian Students
- Ferrocarriles Salitreros de Tarapacá (Spanish, railway)
- Fetal Calf Serum
- Fiber Characterization Services
- Fibre Channel Standard
Samples in periodicals archive:
The office has conducted extensive reviews on codes that existed before 1998 and is currently reviewing codes on new items and changes within the Federal Catalog System.
DLIS manages the Federal Catalog System (FCS) and serves as the National Codification Bureau (NCB) for the United States.
These ranged from a history and overview of the US Federal Catalog System which is the basis for the NATO Codification System (NCS) to the technical details of specific types of item identification and how supply item data is managed and distributed in a national/international logistics context.
Their expertise in the Federal Catalog System -- which also serves as the foundation of the NATO Codification System (NCS) -- gives DLIS personnel the added role as the U.
Since 1999, DLIS has conducted seven seminars about the NCS and the Federal Catalog System (FCS) in countries that were formerly members of the Warsaw Pact.
The web address for details concerning the purchase of the Federal Catalog System CD-ROM is http://www.
DLIS is part of the Defense Logistics Agency and manages the Federal Catalog System, the world's largest automated logistics information database.