We investigated whether the age-related impairment of cardiac fatty acid catabolism occurs, at least partially, through diminished levels of L-carnitine, which would adversely affect carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1), the rate-limiting enzyme for fatty acyl-CoA uptake into mitochondria for beta]-oxidation.
What does FACO stand for?
FACO stands for Fatty Acyl-CoA (Coenzyme A) Oxidase
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FACO
We have 4 other meanings of FACO in our Acronym Attic
- Functional Assessment Completion Notice
- Functional Assessment Conduct Notice
- Fundación Argentina de Cl ca Neuropsiquiátrica
- Faculty Association of the College of New Caledonia (Canada)
- Federal Acquisition Computer Network
- Federal Acquisition Network
- Fellow of the American College of Nurse Midwives
- Fellow of the American College of Nuclear Physicians
- Fellow of the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- Fabrication, Assembly & Check Out
- Fellow, American Chiropractic Orthopedists
- Final Assembly and Check Out
- Fellow, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians
- Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Fellow of American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology
- Franco-Américaine de Construction d'Outillage à Main (French: French-American Construction of Hand Tools)
- Fujitsu Automatic Computer
- Facility Control (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2007) showed the existence of nine mammalian isoforms of 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate Oacyltransferase (AGPAT), which catalyzes the transfer of fatty acid from fatty acyl-CoA to lysophosphatidic acid, forming phosphatidic acid.
This decrease in total activity in response to the olive oil- and corn oil-enriched diets but not to the coconut oil-enriched diet could be due to the inhibitory effect of long-chain unsaturated fatty acyl-CoA on the synthesis and/or stability of acetyl-CoA mRNA, similar to that observed in the weaned rats .
Disorders of mitochondrial fatty acyl-CoA [beta]-oxidation.
People who fast for one or two days experience an increase in fatty acyl-CoA levels.
and his laboratory at Brigham and Women's Hospital, demonstrated that Them1, a long chain fatty acyl-CoA thioesterase that is highly enriched in brown fat, plays an important role in regulating energy homeostasis.
Effect of rodent hepatocarcinogenic peroxisome proliferators on fatty acyl-CoA oxidase, DNA synthesis, and apoptosis in cultured human and rat hepatocytes.