The SGI NUMAlink(TM) interconnect enables the NSMC's six SGI Altix 4700 nodes to deliver fast memory access, which is critical to achieve balanced, sustained performance on technical workloads.
What does FMA stand for?
FMA stands for Fast Memory Access (computing)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FMA
We have 281 other meanings of FMA in our Acronym Attic
- Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International
- Facilities Maintenance Augmentation
- Facilities Management Administrator
- Facilities Management Association
- Factory Materials Association
- Failure Modes Analysis
- Family Martial Arts (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Family Medical Act
- Family Member Appointment
- Farmers' Market Alliance (Pennsylvania)
- Fast Monopole Algorithm
- Federacion Madrileña de Ajedrez (Spanish chess club)
- Federal Managers Association
- Federal Maritime Administration
- Federal Marriage Amendment
- Federal Ministry of Aviation (various locations)
- Federated Management Architecture (Java technology)
- Fédération Musicale des Ardennes (French: Ardennes Music Federation; Ardennes, France)
- Fellow of the Millennium Awards
- Fermetures Menuiseries Audoises (French home renovation company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Engineered using AMD's Direct Connect Architecture, AMD Virtualization(TM) technology can increase performance with multi-core capabilities and fast memory access, while enabling hypervisors to run more efficiently and supporting unmodified guest operating systems.
Founded on AMD's innovative Direct Connect Architecture, AMD-V enhances all aspects of x86-based virtualization to increase performance with multi-core capabilities and fast memory access, while simplifying virtualization software and reducing CPU overhead.
It supports 8 bits/16 bits MCU, Direct Memory Access (DMA) for asynchronous data transfer and Fast Memory Access (FMA) for synchronous data transfer.
Since the NAS-250 incorporates fast memory access techniques for its data storage, both Gigabit Ethernet ports can service over 40,000 storage requests per second.
Both the PowerCoreCPCI-6750 for CompactPCI and the PowerCore-6750 for VME environments offer up to 256 Mbytes of synchronous DRAM (SDRAM) -- twice as much SDRAM as competitive products -- and support the fast memory access requirements of real-time embedded computing applications.
The SyncLink DRAM The SLDRAM architecture packetizes and pipelines the address, commands and their timing, and adds features that significantly increase the data bus speed, providing fast memory access without losing the ability to move quickly from row to row or to obtain bursts of data.
XipChip implements Xionics' proprietary software architecture for high-speed image processing, fast memory access and data movement and high-performance image compression and decompression, and combines it with the IBM PowerPC 401 series 32-bit embedded RISC processor core.