Dario Frigo, then riding for Fassa Bortolo, was questioned by police two days later prior to the 11th stage of the race.
What does FAS stand for?
FAS stands for Fassa Bortolo (Tour de France cycling sponsor)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of FAS
We have 378 other meanings of FAS in our Acronym Attic
- Faible Activité Spécifique (French: low specific activity)
- Failed Asylum Seeker (UK)
- Falcon Aviation Services (United Arab Emirates)
- False Answer Supervision (telecommunications)
- Famille Accueil Surdoués (French: Gifted Family Home)
- Family Arabian Stallion (Breyer mold)
- Farm Advisory Services (EU)
- Farm Animal Sanctuary (various locations)
- Farnham Angling Society (est. 1906; UK)
- Fatty Acid Synthase
- Feature Analysis Services
- Federal Acquisition Service (GSA)
- Federal Antimonopoly Service (Russia)
- Federal Aviation Service (Russia)
- Fédération des Autonomes de Solidarité (French: Autonomous Solidarity Federation)
- Federation of American Scientists (est. 1945; Washington, DC)
- Federation of Astronomical Societies
- Federation of Atomic Scientists (now Federation of American Scientists)
- Federazione Anarchica Siciliana (Italian: Sicilian Anarchist Federation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Meanwhile, the Italian Fassa Bortolo team have announced that this year will be their last involved with the Tour after losing their sponsorship from a Treviso-based producer of cement building materials CAPTION(S): Giuseppe Guerini crosses the finish line in Le Puy-en-Velay
That allowed Bernucci, riding for the Fassa Bortolo team, to claim the honours with a winning time of 4hrs 12min 52sec.
: RESULTS:Leading Positions: 1 Aitor Gonzalez Jimenez (Spa) Fassa Bortolo 4hrs 18mins 32secs, 2 Nicolas Jalabert (Fra) Phonak Hearing Systems at 0.
The Fassa Bortolo rider's career peaked with a victory in the 2002 Vuelta a Espana but Gonzalez showed he still possessed considerable tactical awareness, timing his attack on a 10-man lead group to perfection.
Moncoutie had formed a three-man escape with Euskaltel's Egoi Martinez and Juan Antonio Flecha of Fassa Bortolo 49 kilometres into the 164km route.
Wearing the Norwegian flag proudly on his cycling vest, Hushovd held off a strong challenge from Kim Kirchen of the Fassa Bortolo team.
Byline: JON WEST FILIPPO Pozzatto timed his sprint finish to perfection to ride into Saint-Brieuc in front and hand the Fassa Bortolo team their second win of this year's Tour de France.