Using very short pulses of far ultraviolet light, the excimer laser cut a clean incision into the cartilage without any burning or charring.
What does FUV stand for?
FUV stands for Far Ultraviolet (100-200 nm)
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of FUV
We have 1 other meaning of FUV in our Acronym Attic
- FileMaker Users of Upstate New York
- Finnish Union of University Professors (Helsinki)
- Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers
- First Unitarian Universalist Society
- Families Under Urban and Social Attack (Texas)
- First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany (Albany, NY)
- First Unitarian Universalist Society of Burlington
- First Unitarian Universalist Society of Marietta (Marietta, OH)
- First Unitarian Universalist Society of Middleboro (Middleborough, MA)
- Fac Ut Vivas (Latin: get a life)
- Farm Utility Vehicle
- Follow Up Visit
- Fun Utility Vehicle (Royal Canadian Air Farce TV show)
- Far Ultraviolet Spectrographic Imager (100-200 nm)
- Fundação Universitária para o Vestibular
- First Use of Violent Force
- Far Ultraviolet Imager
- Farmers' Union of Wales (est. 1955)
- Federal University Wukari (Nigeria)
- Finanz und Wirtschaft (German: Finance and Economy; investor publication; Switzerland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although designed to map the lunar surface, the LAMP team expanded its science investigation to examine the far ultraviolet emissions visible in the tenuous atmosphere above the lunar surface, detecting helium over a campaign spanning more than 50 orbits.
This new Hubble image of the core of the cluster represents the first comprehensive far ultraviolet to near-infrared image of an open galactic cluster.
Offering global observations that yield near real-time altitude profiles of the ionosphere and neutral atmosphere over an extended period of time, SSULI makes measurements from the extreme ultraviolet (EUV) to the far ultraviolet (FUV) over the wavelength range of 80 nanometers (nm) to 170 nm with 2.
A new Hubble image of the core of the cluster represents the first comprehensive far ultraviolet to near-infrared image of an open galactic cluster.
But a new analysis of measurements recorded by NASA's Far Ultraviolet Explorer Satellite (FUSE) over the past 6 years confirms the perplexing result.
14 /PRNewswire/ -- Scientists using NASA's Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer, or FUSE, have discovered far more "heavy" hydrogen in our Milky Way galaxy than expected, a finding that could radically alter theories about star and galaxy formation.
95 Hardcover QV81 This large format (10x14") reference could also have been named "Great Observatories of the Solar System," since it includes space telescopes such as the SOHO solar observatory, the Chandra X-Ray Telescope, and the Far Ultraviolet Space Explorer (FUSE).