Classroom discussions, the voices of students, b&w classroom photos, and photos of students' work highlight the relationship between informal and formal learning as manifested in student projects in photography, video, fan fiction, blogging, and online role playing games.
What does FanFic stand for?
FanFic stands for Fan Fiction
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Foreign Affairs and National Defense
- Fuel and Transportation (US Navy)
- Facilitating Agreement North East (UK; disagreement resolution)
- Fédération Acadienne de la Nouvelle-Écosse (Canada)
- Fédération d'Action Nationale et Européenne (French: Federation of European and National Action; est. 1966)
- Financial Aid Need Estimator (ACT)
- Furnace Atomization Non-Thermal Emission Spectrometry
- Fédération des Associations Néerlandaises en France (French: Federation of Dutch Associations in France)
- Financial Assistance to Needy Families Program
- Navy Torpedo Countermeasures Systems for Ships
- Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Google (various companies)
- Feminists Against Neanderthal Guys
- Feminizing Adrenal Neoplastic Gland
- Flint Area Narcotics Group (Flint, Michigan)
- Florida Air National Guard
- Florida Army National Guard
- FMS (Flight Management System) ATM (Air Traffic Management) Next Generation (US FAA)
- Food, Agriculture and Nutrition Group (Cornell University; Ithaca, NY)
- Fundacion Ayuda Ninos Guinea - Ecuatorial
- First American Natural Hazard Disclosures
Samples in periodicals archive:
Many sources have questioned how valid the suit is, as "Fifty Shades of Grey" was itself adapted from the popular "Twilight" trilogy, and it was first written as a fan fiction, using characters and depictions from the already published series.
This has been going on for ages, and people have been writing fan fiction for years," she says.
Many young adults are inspired to write fan fiction based on their favorite books, television shows, and films.
Texts of fan fiction have appeared in fan magazines and other forms of print since the 1930s (Coppa 42-43) and their number has increased dramatically since the arrival of the internet (Thomas 142).
I think fan fiction is a very natural thing for people to do, particularly for kids," she says.
Wattpad provides a powerful creative outlet and social media for undiscovered and published writers to share what they have written - a romance story, fan fiction, poetry or novel - and attract millions of readers.
Fan Fiction and Fan Communities in the Age of the Internet: New Essays.