The therapy reduces expression of a gene called SOD1, which in some cases of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) has a mutation that weakens and kills nerve cells called motor neurons that control muscle movement.
What does FALS stand for?
FALS stands for Familial Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FALS
We have 2 other meanings of FALS in our Acronym Attic
- Functional Adult Literacy Programme (Uganda)
- Further Alterations to the London Plan (London, England, UK)
- French Ailines Pilote Association
- Frente Amplio de Luchas Populares (Dominican Republic)
- Frequently Asked Legal Questions
- Firefinder Artillery Locating Radar
- First Amendment Law Review (University of North Carolina)
- Florida Administrative Law Reports (Gainesville, FL)
- Florida Association of Licensed Recovery Agents
- Fairground Archives Lancashire Section (England)
- Flexible Assembly Line System (engineering)
- Forward Angle Light Scatter (cytometry)
- Friedrich-Albert-Lange-Schule (German school; Solingen, Germany)
- Florida Association of Legal Support Specialists
- Field Artillery Logic Tester
- Final Altitude
- Fixed Aqueous Layer Thickness
- Fellow of the Academy of Life Underwriting (insurance)
- Floating-Point Arithmetic Logic Unit
- Florida Association of Life Underwriters (now Florida Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mutations in the FUS/ TLS gene on chromosome 16 cause familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Other studies presented suggest that NAALADase inhibitors can delay the appearance of muscle weakness in a transgenic mouse model of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and are potent non-narcotic analgesics in several animal models of chronic pain.