This reduces false rejection rates and prevents passenger inconveniences.
What does FRR stand for?
FRR stands for False Rejection Rate (biometrics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of FRR
We have 73 other meanings of FRR in our Acronym Attic
- Fire Resistant Polyvinyl Chloride
- Fundacja Rozwoju Pomorza Zachodniego (Polish: Development Foundation of West Pomerania)
- Fédération de Rugby du Québec (French)
- Fixed-Rate Quantization
- Flanders Recorder Quartet (est. 1987; Flanders, Belgium)
- Fonds de Recherche du Québec (French: Research Fund of Quebec; Quebec, Canada)
- Free Response Question
- Frequency (statistical button, scientific calculators)
- Facility Repair and Renewal (US Army program)
- Facility Risk Rating
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new fingerprint algorithm offers even higher reliability than the previous version: at the same False Acceptance Rate (FAR) level, the False Rejection Rate (FRR) is up to three times smaller.
001, initial tests in 1993 returned a false rejection rate of 79%.
Considerations are a false acceptance rate (FAR), meaning an inappropriate match, and a false rejection rate (FRR), or not recognizing or matching a person that is properly enrolled in the system.
In the testing, which involved enrolling 240 people into the various systems and testing them immediately and six weeks later, some technologies saw their false rejection rates jump from less than 1 percent during the first session to double digits during the retest six weeks later.
In mobile device authentication, enrolling an approved user takes less than one minute and subsequent authentications can be done in as little as 3 seconds with very high selectivity and very low false rejection rates.
Compared to veins in the fingers or the back of the hand, the pattern of veins in the palm is both complex and stable, resulting in a very high level of authentication accuracy, with a false rejection rate of 0.
11% False Rejection Rate (FRR) at a False Acceptance Rate (FAR) of 0.