On board the Shackleton, a 1,100-ton research vessel operated by the Falkland Islands Dependencies Survey, are two South Wales men.
What does FIDS stand for?
FIDS stands for Falkland Islands Dependencies Survey (now the British Antarctic Survey)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of FIDS
We have 18 other meanings of FIDS in our Acronym Attic
- Fondations Immobilières de Droit Public (French: Foundations of Public Law Real Estate; Switzerland)
- Foreign Internal Defense Plan
- Fisheries Inventory Data Queries (Ministry of Environment, Canada)
- Fluorescent Intercalator Displacement Replacement
- Forum Internazionale Democrazia & Religioni (Italian: International Forum on Religion & Democracy)
- Foundation for International Development/Relief (Japan)
- Fonds International pour le Développement de la Retraite Active (French: International Fund for the Development of Active Retirement; Côte d'Ivoire)
- Facilities Interface Data Requirements Sheet
- FAA Incident Data System
- Facility Intrusion Detection System
- Feathered Kids
- Federation of Invisible Disabilities
- Federazione Italiana Danza Sportiva (Italian: Italian Dance Sport Federation)
- Fence Intrusion Detection System (various organizations)
- Final Draft International Standard (International Organization for Standardization)
- Financial Integrated Database System
- Flavor Ingredient Data Sheets
- Flight Information Display System
- Force Identification System
- Forest Insect and Disease Survey
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mr Walton, now aged 85, of Colwall, near Malvern, Worcestershire, worked for the fledgling British Antarctic Survey, which was then known as the Falkland Islands Dependencies Survey, between 1945 and 1948.